Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Neal Brothers Easy Rounders or New Classics Tortillas
- 1 package macaroni noodles (we used chickpea macaroni!)
- 4 medium/large golden potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup avocado oil plus 1 tsp. for sautéing
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare macaroni noodles as per package directions. Do not overcook as they will get a chance to cook more in the oven.
- Dice onion and mince garlic. Sauté in a small pan over medium heat with 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. oil until onions are translucent.
- Peel and cut potatoes and carrots, then steam for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Combine onion and garlic mixture along with steamed potatoes and carrots in a blender.
- Add vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, remaining oil and salt to the blender. Blend until smooth. This is the “cheese sauce”.
- You may need to add incremental amounts of water until desired consistency is reached.
- Combine drained noodles and “cheese sauce”. Stir until evenly coated. Place in a baking dish.
- Open the bag of Neal Brothers Easy Rounders Tortillas, use a rolling pin to crush the chips into small pieces and crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs on top of contents in the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool before consuming.
- Serve and share!