BRUNCH. One of our favourite things about the weekend. One of the most decadent and delicious brunch items is Huevos Rancheros. A definite favourite amongst fellow brunch-goers but tastes even better when made at home using fresh and wholesome ingredients. This recipe is quick and easy and a healthy option your family will enjoy.
– 3 eggs
– 2 corn tortillas (brown rice or whole wheat are also good options)
– 1 red onion
– 1 tomato
– 1 cup corn kernels cooked
– 1 cup black beans
– 1 avocado
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1/3 cup cilantro – chopped
– 1/4 cup spinach
– 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes – chopped (optional)
– 1/4 cup feta cheese
– 1/4 cup lime juice
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– BIG dollop of Neal Brothers Salsa of course! (flavour optional)
– salt and pepper to taste
1) For salad mixture dice onion, tomato, sundried tomato and garlic and throw into a big bowl. Add feta, spinach, corn, avocado, black beans and cilantro. Add salt and pepper, lime juice and olive oil. Toss until all ingredients are well combined.
2) Add a bit of olive oil to a pan and turn heat up to low-medium. Crack eggs directly into pan and let cook over easy or anyway you would like – scrambled works as well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Warm up tortilla by placing it into the pan and heat over low.
4) Once tortilla is warm, place on a plate. Top with salad mixture and place another tortilla on top. Add egg on top of the second tortilla creating a tower of goodness! Add more salad around the plate.
5) Add scoop of Neal Brothers salsa over top.