Everyone has their own staples they like to keep on hand in their fridge or kitchen cupboard. For us, we always make sure to have salsa on hand which can easily add flavour and fun to any meal! This recipe is simple, fast and nutritious – suitable for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
– 1 onion, diced
– 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
– 4 eggs
– Cape Herb and Spice rainbow peppercorns
– 1 jar of Neal Brothers Salsa (we used corn)
– 4 whole beets
– 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
– 1/2 red pepper
– 1 box Pacific organic baked beans
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– goat cheese (optional)
1) Eggs: Chop onions and mushrooms and sauté in a pan until soft. Whisk eggs and add mixture to the onions and mushrooms. Add Cape Herb peppercorns for flavour. Once eggs are cooked add in Neal Brothers salsa and combine with the eggs in the pan. Add as much salsa as desired.
2) Beet Salad: Boil beets until soft. Peel skin off beets once cooled. Cut beets into cubes and add to a bowl. Add goat cheese, red peppers, parsley and goat cheese to the beets. Top salad with 1/2 lemon and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Toss until all ingredients are mixed together.
3) Pacific organic baked beans: Pour box of beans into a sauce pan and heat until beans are warm. Stir a few times until beans are warm enough for serving.
Add eggs, beet salad and beans to a plate for serving and enjoy!