Every Thursday our dear friend Ed comes to the Neal Brothers office to cook up something delicious for lunch. How lucky are we!? This recipe was a definite favourite in our office. It’s jam packed with nutrition, crunch and is the perfect light and colourful summertime meal.
2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
7 dried prunes
1 jalapeno (fresh)
2 tbsp. fresh ginger
1 yellow pepper
1/2 red onion
1 pint grape tomatoes (in halves)
500 mL chickpeas
1 cup red quinoa (cooked)
113 g dried organic cranberries
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
8 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup parsley
1 tbsp. fresh mint
1 tsp fresh tarragon
pinch of cape herb smoked salt and pepper
– Chop all veggies and dried fruit into bite sized pieces and add into a bowl.
– Boil 1 cup red quinoa until soft and fluffy. Drain water and fluff with a fork.
– Add cooked quinoa to bowl of chopped veggies and dried fruit. Chop herbs and add to mixture.
– Add grated ginger, pine nuts, chickpeas, salt and pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
– Incorporate all ingredients with a spoon.
– Add scallion flowers to the top for garnish.