The Easter Bunny is coming! How about whipping up these easy, but super tasty pretzel treats for him and everyone else you will be seeing this weekend!? Or hey, these are also a great lunch treat idea for yourself, your husband, your kids, or your co-workers (they will all appreciate you for them). These little rods of flavour use our super yummy and thick (holds chocolate better) organic pretzels.
These can be made for various holidays (using various colour combinations) or just using the classic dark and milk chocolate! Now, write down these ingredients, pick them up, and create this sure-to-please dessert or snack item.
Makes: 30 rods
Time: 30-40 minutes
- Neal Brothers Organic Pretzel Rods- 30 Rods
- Dark Chocolate Wafers- 1/2 cup
- Milk Chocolate Wafers- 1/2 cup
- White Chocolate Wafers- 1/2 cup
- Candy Covered Chocolate Eggs- 1 tbsp, crushed
- Sprinkles (round)- 1 tbsp
- Sprinkles (flat)- 1 tbsp
- Purple Chocolate Wafers- 1/4 cup
- Yellow Chocolate Wafers- 1/4 cup
- Pink Chocolate Wafers- 1/4 cup
- Baking Sheet- 1
- Parchment Paper- 1
- Cooling Rack- 1
- Small Microwave Safe Bowls (Ramekins)- 6
*VERY IMPORTANT: Ensure that there is no water in the bowls, otherwise the chocolate will not melt properly!
1. Set out a baking sheet, place parchment paper on it, and set a cooling rack on top.
2. Separate Neal Brothers Organic Pretzel Rods into 3 groups (10 in each).
3. Heat dark chocolate wafers in microwave safe bowl for 10 seconds at a time until they are smooth. Dip in 10 of the pretzel rods and place on the cooling rack to cool.
4. If you want to add sprinkles of crushed candy coated chocolate eggs on these rods, this is the time to do so, before they have cooled down.
5. Repeat step 3 & 4 with milk and white chocolate.
6. Next, if you want to add coloured chocolate to the rods, ensure that they have cooled adequately so the colours do not mix. Then repeat step 4 for each of the coloured chocolates.
All done! Enjoy with friend, family, and/or colleagues!