We love Autumn! The beautiful colours, the changing of season and of course – kids are back at it with school, after school programs and well, things won’t be slowing down anytime soon. This time of year is busy and parents are trying to figure out what to cook up for their families. As every parent knows packing your child’s lunch can be a real chore and coming up with exciting and creative snacks every day can start to feel next to impossible. Before you know it you’ll be hearing “Leftovers again, that’s boring!” However, preparing lunches that are healthy, fun and filling doesn’t have to be difficult!
Image from goodness: recipes & stories pg. 240
We’ve come up with a few tips and tricks for packing yummy school lunches that you AND your kids will love.
Creating extravagant lunches has become a trendy (and time consuming) task but more often than not, your child wants something simple. That’s why we are fans of the classics – with a twist of course.
Here are some Neal Brothers approved tips for your child’s lunch:
• Spicy Thai Tuna Sandwich – Tuna mixed with Neal Brothers Sriracha Mayonnaise, chopped cilantro, sesame oil or sesame seeds topped with red cabbage for some crunch. Spread onto plain bread.
• Gourmet Truffle Sandwich – Neal Brothers Truffle Mayonnaise spread onto a ciabatta bun, topped with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, spinach or basil, parmesan and a balsamic drizzle.
• Lime Mayo Chicken Wrap – Rotisserie chicken and coleslaw, topped with sunflower seeds and corn.
o Coleslaw: cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, Neal Brothers Lime Mayonnaise
• Turkey Club – Bacon, avocado, turkey, tomato and lettuce on rye with Neal Brothers Classic Mayonnaise.
• Truffle Egg Salad – Copped hard boiled egg mixed with Neal Brothers Truffle Mayonnaise, chopped celery and chopped onion, seasoned with salt and pepper, on plain bread.
With these tasty recipes your kids will be the envy of the other students – and the teachers!
And for a once in a while treat, add a side of Neal Brothers Kettle Chips to add some crunch to their lunch.
From our family to yours.