It’s that time of year again! Two teams are gearing up to play in Super Bowl LI (51 for those of us who aren’t fluent in roman numerals over ten!) Here at Neal Brothers Foods, we whipped up a delicious, and easy, Super Bowl snack that is sure to impress your guests. Using our delicious kettle chips, which are then covered in sweet and savoury toppings, will make these a go-to snack for any occasion.
- Neal Brothers Foods Kettle Chips- Himalayan Pink Salt (1/2 bag)
- Neal Brothers Foods Kettle Chips- Maple Bacon (1/2 bag)
- Neal Brothers Foods Kettle Chips- Montréal Steak Spice (1/2 bag)
- Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Reductions- Garlic (Garnish)
- Spanish Onion- diced (1/4 cup)
- Chives- chopped (1/2 bunch)
- Jalapeño Pepper- thinly sliced (1 pepper)
- Smoked Gouda*- shredded (1 block)
- Sour Cream* (1/2 cup)
- Neal Brothers Foods Mayonnaise*- Lime (1/4 cup)
- Bacon*- chopped (4-5 slices)
- Olive Oil (1 tsp)
- Cutting Board
- Frying Pan, 2
- Baking Sheet, lined with parchment paper
- Dip Bowl
- Spoons, 2
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Dice onions, chop chives, and slice jalapeño pepper. Set aside chives and jalapeños.
- Slice bacon last on your cutting board, set aside.
- Place onions in pan. We used a cast iron, but any pan will do! If your pan is not non-stick, feel free to add 1 tsp of olive oil. Heat the onions over medium-high heat until they are translucent and start to brown. Keep an eye on these while you prepare the bacon!
- Place bacon in the second frying pan, and heat over medium to high heat until bacon is browned and crispy.
- When onions have turned translucent and slightly brown, drizzle 1 to 2 tsp of Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Reduction (we used garlic) over them. Continue to cook until they appear caramelized, and are crispy.
- Remove bacon from heat once crispy, dry on paper towel.
- Spread Neal Brothers Kettle Chips in Montreal Steak Spice, Pink Himalayan Salt, and Maple Bacon onto pan and mix to incorporate flavors.
- Sprinkle cooked onions and bacon over chips.
- Add shredded cheese, as much as you like.
- Place ½ of the sliced jalapeños on top of the nachos.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes, and then increase temperature to broil for one minute.
- While cooking, mix ¼ cup Neal Brothers Mayonnaise (we love lime!) with ½ cup sour cream. Top with ½ chives and drizzle with Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Reduction (we used garlic).
- Remove chips from oven and top with remaining chives and jalapeños.
- Drizzle with Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Reduction (we used garlic).
- Dig in! Grab a chip with all the toppings and dunk it in the dip!
Vegan Substitution Options (Marked with *)
- Smoked Gouda Cheese- Substitute with your favorite vegan cheese (we love Sheese Cheese!)
- Sour Cream & Neal Brothers Mayonnaise Dip- Substitute with your favorite vegan dip (or mix Sheese Cheese Creamy with lime juice and fresh ground black pepper)
- Bacon- Omit or use your favorite vegan style bacon!
This recipe contains or may contain:
Happy Super Bowl!
-Neal Brothers Foods